Usability Sciences Corporation is a pioneer in user research. We uncover end-user needs, behaviors, goals, and pain points for some of the biggest, most loved companies in the world.
Highly regarded as one of the most trusted research partners in UX research today, Usability Sciences is celebrated as a space to grow and refine research skills. Due to the volume of projects completed each year, our researchers are exposed to a wide range of methodologies and industries, including healthcare, e-commerce, banking, and digital services.
At our headquarters in Las Colinas, Irving, TX our employees enjoy a challenging, collaborative, and innovative environment that allows everyone to have a voice. We offer competitive pay, great benefits (health, dental, and life insurance, vacation time, holidays), and a corporate environment built upon fostering the strengths and passions of each employee.
The ideal candidate is someone interested in the relationship between technology and human behavior; we look for patterns in user behavior and the “why” behind their actions. They are able to adapt to new challenges and roll with the changes; each of our projects is distinct and presents unique opportunities to impress our clients. They are comfortable interacting with clients and research participants. The ideal candidate is also a technology enthusiast, eager to try new software and hardware products as well as set up and break down technical equipment.
- Drafting user research test plans which outline the general flow, tasks, and moderator questions to be covered during participant sessions in order to meet our client's objectives
- Interacts effectively with recruiters during the recruiting phase of the project
- Capable of setting up and utilizing all lab and recording technology
- Facilitates research sessions and/or focus groups and analyzes participant feedback
- Supports other researchers in research projects, including taking thorough and detailed notes of participant-moderator interaction
- Analyze and document the results discovered from the usability sessions and/or focus groups to complete the final deliverable
- Participates in discussions on how to improve client deliverables, processes, or team/company goals.
- Volunteers and actively participates in team and company initiatives
- Travel may be required up to 25% (temporarily suspended)
- Reports to Director of Operations
- Works in a team environment with User Experience Professionals
- Strong Client interaction
- A strong desire to make a product (website, software, hardware) "usable"
- Technological proficiency – the ability to set up, troubleshoot, and break down computers, projectors, and similar technical equipment
- Professional or academic experience as a user experience analyst or researcher
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proficient typing skills and the proven ability to craft high-quality deliverables
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively as a member of a team
- The ability to quickly learn and confidently adapt in a fast-paced, highly interactive environment
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines.
- Ability to work well with a variety of high-profile clients
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Good analytical, quantitative, and qualitative skills
- Ability to complete high-quality deliverables while meeting client deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of study such as Human Factors, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS with prior experience as a user experience researcher