12 month - Contract Senior User Experience Researcher
This role is based in Dallas, TX, and we are unable to offer relocation assistance at this time
Usability Sciences Corporation is a pioneer in user research. We uncover end-user needs, behaviors, goals, and pain points for some of the biggest, most loved companies in the world.
Highly regarded as one of the most trusted research partners in UX research today, Usability Sciences is celebrated as a space to grow and refine research skills. Due to the volume of projects completed each year, our researchers are exposed to various methodologies and industries, including healthcare, e-commerce, banking, and digital services.
At our headquarters in Las Colinas, Irving, TX, our employees enjoy a challenging, collaborative, and innovative environment that allows everyone to have a voice. We offer competitive pay and a corporate environment built upon fostering the strengths and passions of each employee.
The Senior User Experience Researcher uses their experience and knowledge to lead any project on their own or as part of a team, either in-house or on the road. Skilled in qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, the Senior User Researcher provides leadership, mentoring, and training and creates quality deliverables within the research team, and confidently interacts with clients and sales staff during the project life cycle.
- Drafting research guides that outline the general flow, tasks, and moderator questions to be covered during participant sessions to meet our client's objectives.
- Interacts effectively with recruiters during the recruiting phase of the project.
- Capable of setting up and utilizing all lab and recording technology.
- Facilitating one-on-one research sessions and/or focus groups and analyzing participant feedback.
- Scribes and translates (verbally and written) user feedback.
- Analyze and document the results discovered from the research sessions and/or focus groups on completing the final deliverables.
- Participates in discussions on how to improve research deliverables, processes, or team/company goals.
- Confidently lead complex projects using a variety of methodologies.
- Volunteers and actively participates in team and company initiatives.
- Travel may be required up to 25 %
- Reports to Director of Operations
- Works in a team environment with User Experience Professionals
- Strong Client interaction
- Professional experience as a User Experience Researcher or research that includes complex methodologies.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to multitask.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficient typing skills, and the proven ability to craft high-quality deliverables.
- Proven ability and desire to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Self-starter who is comfortable with minimal day-to-day guidance and independently managing deadlines.
- Ability to work well with a variety of high-profile clients.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Good analytical, quantitative, and qualitative skills.
- Ability to produce high-quality deliverables and meet client deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study such as Human Factors, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science, MIS with prior experience as a user experience researcher.
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org